Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Leader of the Council delegated authority to the Cabinet to make the following decisions:
1. Note the current revenue outturn forecast at the end of the second quarter of 2019/20 of £1.857m, before exceptional items of £8.550m, resulting in a total overspend of £10.407m;
2. Note that the exceptional items of £8.5m relate to costs incurred by Croydon Council for Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC) and No Recourse To Public Funds (NRPF), due to woefully insufficient funding from the Home Office.
3. Note the ongoing engagement with and lobbying of Government by the Council for additional funding for Croydon, both in general terms and specifically Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children given Croydon’s gateway status.
4. Note the HRA position of a £0.046m forecast underspend against budget.
5. Note the capital outturn projection of £278.6m, forecast to be an underspend of £160.8m against budget.
RESOLVED: To recommend to Council
1. The approval to increase to the capital programme by £2.660m as set out in Table 6.
2. The adoption of the lending criteria as set out in section 9 of this report
Report author: Jacqueline Harris Baker
Publication date: 10/01/2020
Date of decision: 16/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 16/12/2019 - Cabinet